Welcome back everyone!

Information and discussion relating to The Wonder Stuff, Miles Hunt, Miles Hunt and Erica Nockalls, The Miles Hunt Club, Vent 414 and We Know Where You Live.

The place to chat about experiences, releases, news, information

Moderators: Odd, Brian From Brum

Welcome back everyone!

Postby Brian From Brum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:26 am

Hopefully youre all in the throes of Re-Registering as we type :)

So... when did you first hear of The Wonder Stuff again?

Summer 1988 for me, at our Army Cadets camp! the older lads were playing Groove Machine
and i liked it so much they dubbed me a copy of it tape-to-tape.

When my dad picked me up after the weekend he let me play the Tape full blast! in the car :mrgreen:

the rest all fell into place after that....
Brian From Brum

Re: Welcome back everyone!

Postby mishmosh » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi brian. I fell for tws by default. Everywhere i went they bloody played !!
mishmosh

Postby kipper » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:46 am

Hello all great to be back, I hope that the message board is a success again was always a great read
kipper

Postby Deeni » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:56 pm

So glad to see the message board back!

First memory of the stuffies was probably seeing the video for size of a cow, think it was on The Chart Show (not sure if that was what it was called) on ITV on a Saturday morning/lunchtime.

Following that a friend gave me a C90 with HUP on it. My parents stereo was never the same after that.

First gig was the second night they played at Wolves Civic on the idiot tour, a friend at school was grounded by his parents so he sold me the ticket. Fantastic night that created a passion for live music and an obsession with TWS and Miles.
Deeni

Postby insound » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 am

So glad the site and message board are back. Cheers to the dedicated people who made it happen! <waving from the USA>
insound

Postby Baldie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 am

....after dropping my younger bro off at numerous gigs in 87/88 at JB's / JB's Walsall and Aston Villa Leisure Centre, and listening to Ned's, Poppies and The Wonder Stuff blasting out of his bedroom, I decided I liked this sound and tagged along from then on to anything that he was going to :-)
Baldie

Postby Matt the milk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Mid '87 I think, a girl I liked had ELGM, I didn't get the girl but I think I had her copy :D '. TWS have been in my life longer than any partner!
Matt the milk

Postby bensonrad » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Glad to see the site is back, although I am nearly a year late in re-finding it :lol:

Seeing the 30th Anniversary tour perked up my interest again, think I'll hit the show in Brighton :)
bensonrad

Return to All The News Thats Fit To Print